- Large, long bodied, flightless reptiles. Slow, but can move lightning fast when they need to
- Long lived
- In the Spine mountain range
- The most fearsome beasts of the old Empire were possessed versions of these (perhaps only 2 or 3 they managed to successfully possess – perhaps one is still alive). They didn’t venture far from the ancient city. They were heavily armoured – and could cut swathes through ranked troops.
- Legend has it that they used to be winged
- Similar to humans, but of another species
- Large, Ogre like
- Common on southern Taranus, their original home, a few had colonised the mountains of the south on the main continent.
- Like to lie a rural life
- Many were captured/enslaved by the ancient empire – they were excellent manual labourers, and could be possessed – creating fearsome shock troops for their army.
- During the war, some offered their service to the league (perhaps they were recruited by a character in the story) – providing valuable heavy infantry.
- After the war they were rewarded for their service, and now a few are integrated into human society – they provide excellent bodyguards, mercenaries, labourers